Thursday, March 15, 2012

video mega-shoot and acting class

I wanted to post a wrap-up of Tuesday's super-shoot yesterday, but my office job pretty much swallowed me whole from nine straight through to five, and after that I had my second-to-last winter term acting class.  That was fun but a little odd -- more about that later.

First, the shoot!  I would like to say that it was amazing!  We ended up only being able to get the studio for two hours, and we still managed to shoot seven videos PLUS take new profile pictures for Clobberetta and Nyx while only going 10 minutes over and *slightly* annoying the studio mangager.  HUGE thank you to everyone for being so on target.

The really unusual thing about this shoot was that I was hardly in any videos myself.  Though I do love jumping into the fray, this night was all about showcasing new and returning talent and never-before-seen skills from other wrestlers, which was exactly perfect.  I got to do a little camera work and little directing, and it was fantastic to get to watch the other ladies work, especially seeing their different styles back-to-back like that.  Clobberetta has a big bluff 'n' tough attitude; Nyx is more of a princess, letting her victim know just how gross it is that he's sweating on her while she squeezes him; and Orlandoe is simply insane!!!  But at least she knows it.

We started with Clobberetta's mixed domination video -- she grabbed an unsuspecting victim out of the hallway, tossed him on the mats, and proceeded to launch her comeback with a bang.  I LOVED watching the little guy try to crawl and scramble away as she stalked him across the mats, and when she shouted at him "I was looking for a fight, not a dog!" it was totally priceless. 



Nyx's domination of Diablo followed, and she showed she's a lady who can make scissoring a guy's head look classy and fashionable.  Next, onward to armwrestling -- this was where I got to make a brief visit to the mat.  Orlandoe and I carried our rivalry to yet another arena:  Arm Wrestling: VeVe vs Orlandoe.  I've already been notified that my form is terrible, but I do show off a lot of bicep.  And with corrections to my form (Who knew?  Probably everyone; I feel like a dolt), I may soon be ready to take the arm wrestling world by storm!

We moved next to a pair of specially commissioned tickle domination videos.  Poor Ben got to learn the true meaning of tickle torture as he was the requested victim for both clips.  In his bout with Orlandoe, that sneaky sadist AGAIN pullled a dirty trick to bind her victim's hands right at the top of the match, and after that no matter how much Ben squirmed and thrashed (and yipped, laughed, and gasped) she always managed to recapture his feet and continue tickling his soles.  Ben was looking for a break to catch his breath after that, but it was not to be!  Straight on to another round with Clobberetta, in which she repeatedly forced him into Indian deathlocks, pinning his arms behind his back and exposing his feet, and tickled away.

Our very last video was with Orlandoe, and I will repeat that she is crazy!  She also definitely has an issue with me -- she claimed that my wrestling domination videos are no good and that she could "out-domme" me.  To prove her point, she seized our cameraman, and if domination means choking and choking and choking your victim, I will admit she is damn good at it.  But better than me, I will not admit!  ...Actually, I am a big enough person to admit there is at least one department where Orlandoe is better than me -- I wish I had her legs.  Between the light and the shiny sweat and her nicely muscled capoeira legs, she looked awesome in this video.  But still psychotic!  She even told Diablo (while choking him) that she wished it was my neck she was squeezing.  I may need to be afraid.

That was the shoot! 

My other story is about last night's acting (scene study) class.  I'd previously done only a short practice scene and the beginning of a scene I had to abandon when my partner up and left on a three-week vacation in Brazil (and didn't take me with her, bitch).  This was my first "big" scene, and I was very excited for it because without performing you don't get critiques and feedback, and without that it might as well not be a class.  But after presenting, the only feedback I got was "wonderful, beautiful, great interpretation, great execution."  Now that's extremely nice, don't get me wrong, but damn it, I wanted to know how to make it better!  The scene felt *pretty good* to me, but certainly not perfect.

The really funny thing was that suddenly after I got this great review from the prof, other students I'd never even talked to before came up and started asking me for advice...but the thing they mostly asked about was how to be more comfortable wearing less clothing on stage!  The scene called for me to wear lingerie and attempt to seduce a reluctant man, so I suppose I put on a bit of a show there.  Somehow I don't think that "work out a whole lot and then practice doing sexy wrestling in front of a camera," is advice these ladies will be able to use.  (But who knows?!)  Last night gave me the feeling that domination wrestling is better preparation for acting than acting is for domination wrestling.  But quite likely that only applies to that scene.  I don't want to be cocky, and I DO want critiques.  Next week the Brazilian vacation partner returns, and we'll get to revive our daughter-fighting-with-mother scene.  We'll see how something different goes.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Orlandoe definitely has some issues doesn't she lol. And I concur, very sadistic indeed lol. But two can play at that game right? :P

    ReplyDelete