Monday, March 5, 2012

weekend film and photo adventures

Well, I actually expected to have a bit more of a blog entry about this weekend's music video shoot, but it turned out to be simple affair.  Nonetheless, it was a lot of fun, so here's a quickie description -

A visual artist-photographer friend of Orlandoe's needed footage of people wearing armor for a music video she's making for a song on a theme album about Joan of Arc.  Since Diablo and I vacation every summer fighting in a giant medieval re-enactment war, we happened to be in a good place to help out.

It turned out there wasn't any sparring or warring needed - all the footage was of armoring up, still poses, and disarming.  One of the poses, though, was a lift & carry -- so that was me in my armor (+35 lbs) with Diablo (165 lbs) in his armor (+50 lbs) on my back.  That was to create a surreal effect, which it definitely did!  I was pretty proud of myself over that for sheer weight handled and for dealing with the awkward bulkiness.

It seems like the finished project will involve a lot of digital effects and editing, so I've no idea what my part in it will ultimately look like, but I can't wait to see!

So, in exchange for the help with armor, the photographer did a very nice photo shoot for me afterwards.  This involved Diablo and me in lots of different pantyhose and spandex outfits doing pro-wrestling style holds.  Most of the shots are for a custom photo order, but we did a few for my use, and I'm also hoping the custom sponsor will agree to let me share a few more.  I suspect they came out very well - I get the files later tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment