Monday, March 3, 2014

training and competition

Just a quick update about something I'm very excited for.  I've decided it's been way too long since I've competed officially.  It's not just the competition itself I miss, but having a concrete goal to motivate me and fire up my training.

So I've set my sights on April 12th for my next BJJ competition.  I'm aiming to compete in the 118 and under purple belt division.  Just stepped on the scale this morning to check where I'm at, and it seems I'm starting my tournament prep at 123.6.  Got to take off an extra pound or two to weigh in with my gi, so 6 or 7 lbs. to drop in a month?  Sounds good.

I'm also going to need to step up my gi training relative to no-gi for the next month.  Definitely helps that one of my favorite gi instructors has returned from a leave at my academy, and we have an amazing new instructor for the women's class.  Honestly, this could be what made me realize it's time to get excited and serious about training again.  That, and it's *really* time to shake off the winter.

So, I'm definitely excited for this.  Planning to post progress updates as my training and weight cutting comes along.  Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment