Saturday, February 14, 2015

february adventures and frustrations

Well, I did get a bit behind on my blogging.  February has a way of mucking things up.  I could spend multiple posts just bitching about winter, but I'll contain myself and give a little catch-up report here instead.  (There's bound to be some bitching about winter though...)

Early in the month I made a very nice little overnight trip to Philadelphia.  It had been a couple years since I visited Philly for sessions, and, honestly, I remembered it as not such a lively wrestling town as D.C., Chicago, Detroit -- places I try to visit often.  But this was a terrific trip, very busy and, as it turned out, too short.  Also, some of the sessions were more competitive than I expected, which was a nice, invigorating surprise.  I was even sore after one of them, which doesn't usually happen, so I can just imagine how the guy felt the next day ;)  (Actually, he wrote me a very nice follow-up email to let me know exactly how sore he was...)

And as an added bonus, on the way out of town I discovered a really terrific Irish pub serving Doppleschwarz...yeah, I know that's mixing nationalities a bit, but it was delicious enough to be worth it.  I'll have to go back.  So it looks like I may need to add Philly to my developing East Coast Tour roster in August and get back soon.

In other news, my hypertrophy program efforts have been continuing.  It is just as hard as I expected to add mass while also keeping up with BJJ and Muay Thai.  It takes quite a lot of good quality eating -- something that's not easy with an active, hectic schedule.  If I manage to add a pound or two, it seems one heavy training day knocks them right off again.  So I've been holding pretty steady at 129 for a while now.  I'm pretty excited that last week I did record my bicep measurement making it up to 12.5 inches -- yay!!! -- but still wishing for more significant, steady progress.  So I'm getting pumped up for one more big push in these last two weeks of February, before I'm scheduled to start cutting down again in March.  I want enough progress to still have a little something to show for it after the lean-out!

Progress pics (I've definitely been owing some of these).
Weight:  129  Biceps:  12.5 inches:
 

 

 


And the final news item -- Very frustrating!  In this past week we've had big and exciting video shoots cancelled for winter-related reasons.  (I did say there'd be bitching.)  On Tuesday, one of the wrestlers got sick, delaying plans for a 2-vs-1 bondage match between Niki Lee Young, Chloe Faye, and me.  And just today, an ominous weather forecast is going to keep Keri from making the trip to join us for the planned Valentine's Day couples bondage match.  Grrrrrr.

But we will not be kept down!  On Tuesday, we still managed to film a terrific prostyle domination match with ShaSha and me.  ShaSha's bendier than she looks, and she thought the prostyle (even when getting beaten up) was a ton of fun.  We filmed ShaSha's first competitive match too -- well, I took it a little easy on her for her first time, but SHE didn't know that and came at me full force!

ShaSha ProStyle:

ShaSha Competitive Scissors & Pins:



And today, Howl and I are still going to meet up for a one-on-one bondage match -- kind of funny that we haven't done this before, so we figured it was high time to seize the opportunity.  Plus, I'm making casting calls and recruitment another big project for today...maybe some new faces showing up in new matches soon?

AAAANNNND, finally next week is looking pretty full:

1). Keri and I have rescheduled our shoot from today to Wednesday.  We won't have the same combo of couples available for the multi-way Valentine's bondage, but we will be another video that was planned for today -- a very cool superheroines prostyle match with costume changes, special effects, and gratuitous thong leotard action ;)  Also, possibly a re-vamped couple's bondage concept -- Keri & me vs. Danger Dude & Frankie -- if we can "rope" the guys into it at the right time ;)

2). That same day, I'm excited to be shooting tickle bondage and a straight bondage wrestling match with Robin, who's in NYC for a visit.   First time I'll get to shoot with Robin on "my" coast, though it's always been great to shoot for her on my LA visits :)

3). Next Saturday, Miss Dakkota is also lined up for a bondage match.

And 4).  Shauna Ryanne is visiting as well next weekend.  Very interested to hear suggestions or custom requests for her, as we'd love to set up a shoot.

Phew, and that's it for now!  Now off to this shoot with Howl!

No comments:

Post a Comment